Faced with mounting cases of the new variant of the Coronavirus, England has now entered another national lockdown. As key workers, Worldwide Logistics Group’s UK location will remain open, but with tight restrictions. All new safety measures are in place until at least the middle of February.
The UK office has been following similar safety precautions since last March:
- All staff is following NHS test track and trace protocols via the NHS app
- Daily temperature checks for all staff
- 50% of office staff working from home at full capacity
- Extensive daily cleaning procedures
- All office staff working on location are required to wear masks
- All staff working socially distant with more than 2 meters between each staff member
- No visitors are permitted on site.
- Safe collections and deliveries permitted by prior arrangement only
- All further temporary staff suspended
The suspension of adding new temporary staff will impact the company’s ability to scale up in order to meet high customer demand, however, Worldwide Logistics UK is still able to operate with these restrictions.
Despite this particular restriction, the WWL UK staff are completely prepared to continue delivering high quality service to its customers.
“It is better to run a safe workplace that continues to function, rather than take the risk of an outbreak and shut down,” according to Glenn Hayes, Managing Director of WWL UK.
For more information about the latest lockdown in England, please contact your Worldwide Logistics Group representative.