While the current developments in the evolution of the pandemic have caused everyone in the UK more heartache and disturbance, Worldwide Logistics Group UK (WWL-UK) is working hard to satisfy customers’ needs.
Due to Covid-19, Brexit and container shortages, we have the following issues:
- Labour force inside our warehouse has been reduced to a minimum to account for social distancing procedures in an effort to avoid any outbreaks.
- Office staff has been sent to work from home to contain any outbreaks or to seek testing.
- Many courier and delivery services are fully suspended or delayed due to border crossing closures.
- Brexit congestion in and out of the UK combined with Christmas volume surges has clogged port services slowing the supply chain at all levels.
- Driver shortages have started as drivers from Europe rushed to get home to avoid lockdowns and isolation periods.
- Delays on inbound shipments and container unpacks are expected due to staff shortages.
- Exports to Continental Europe are still suspended.
- On a good note, Royal Mail is still delivering to Ireland.
Because of the crisis, the WWL-UK team is currently working in high gear to minimize the disruptions.
“The blitz spirit still emanates through our staff, despite most of our staff being four generations after the golden generation,” says Glenn Hayes, WWL-UK Managing Director. “I am truly proud of all the hard work and understanding that everyone is showing here.”
For further information, please contact us. Thank you for your patience.