Worldwide Logistics is continuing to monitor the ongoing situation in Israel as it may affect its logistics customers and partners. This is how shipments may be affected although this might change at any time until the security situation improves:
Air freight is significantly impacted with some airlines suspending or cancelling flights until more security guarantees are in place. Only Israeli airlines are presently operating such as El Al and some smaller airlines. Here is a list of airlines that have suspended or cancelled flights:
- Lufthansa suspended their scheduled flights through October 22
- Delta Airlines suspended flights through October 31
- American Airlines suspended flights until December 4
- United Airlines, Air Canada, Air France and British Airlines have cancelled flights
- Emirates reduced flights through October 31
- FedEx and UPS International inbound and outbound service in the region has been reinstated after a brief closure
Haifa and Ashdod ports are still open. Reuters reported that activity at these main ports has slowed. Additionally, Ashdod port has imposed restrictions on the transport of hazardous materials. Israel’s Port of Ashkelon located 10 kilmeters north of the boarder of the Gaza Strip, and its oil terminal have closed, reported Reuters. Bookings with major freight carriers continue to be accepted.
Road and Rail
Large freight carriers are reporting that inland services on both road and rail are fully operational in and around the region.
Worldwide Logistics will continue to monitor the impact of the security situation on trade. Please contact your logistics representative for further information.